Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

For U.S. Residents

If I need my passport for a trip, can I keep it longer?

You will need to send us a scanned copy of your passport as soon as possible. If you wish to keep your passport for a longer period of time, please call our office as soon as possible and we will advise you of the options and potential for delay.

Do I need to sign my visa application?

No. We will arrange for you to have a personal appearance in Los Angeles at the Bulgarian Consulate after you enter the MTC. You will sign the visa application at that time in front of a consular officer.

What is an FBI Channeler?

It is similar to the regular FBI clearance, but the application process goes through an FBI approved agency in order to expedite the delivery of the FBI results. The Channeler will reflect any criminal record you may have.

What if I have a criminal record?

Please call our office as soon as possible.

What do I do with the FBI Channelers once I receive them back at my house?

Please mail them to the Church Travel Office as soon as possible.

Mail them to:
Church Travel Office
Attn. Karen King
50 East North Temple Street, 14th Floor
Salt Lake City, UT 84150

For Canadian Residents

Should I mail you all of my paperwork when it is complete?

No. You will need to personally appear at a Bulgarian Consulate in Canada before you travel to the MTC so you will need to keep your paperwork with you. We will also mail you supporting paperwork once it is complete. If you have not already done so, please scan a copy of your passport ID page to the Church Travel Office. We will contact you to arrange for the personal appearance 2 months before your MTC date.

Back Return to the Europe page.