Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

How do I attach my photo to the application?

Paper clip photos to the visa application. Please do not glue or staple the picture to the application.

My signature does not match the name printed on my passport. Is that a problem?

No. If you did not sign your full name on the passport, then any visa document requiring your signature must be signed the same way you signed your passport.

Can I make corrections to my visa forms if the information already filled in is not correct?

You may use white out tape (not liquid) to make needed changes. Do not scribble or cross things out.

How do missionaries complete the parts of the visa application that there are no instructions for?

Missionaries MUST NOT complete anything on their visa application that they are not specifically instructed to complete.

Can missionaries take an international trip with their passport before they go on their mission?

Yes. You do not need to turn in your passport to get the visa, so you are allowed to take an international trip prior to your MTC date.

If missionaries have lost their visa packet, can Missionary Travel email them a new one?

Yes. Missionaries should call 801-240-5111 for a new visa packet to be sent to them.

Does my doctor’s office need to stamp or place a label on the medical report that was provided in my visa packet?

Yes. It is required that the doctor’s office stamp or place a label with the clinic’s name and address on the medical report that was provided in your visa packet—preferably on the Part B side of the document.

Back Return to Australia | South Pacific  page.