Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

My signature does not match the name printed on my passport, is that a problem?

It will not be a problem.

Can I make corrections to my visa forms if the information already filled in is not correct?

You may use white out to make needed changes. Do not scribble or cross things out.

How do I attach my photo to the application?

You can paperclip your photos to the application if you wish.

Please make sure all of the applicable signatures are on your medical and radiologist forms. 

If a missionary's parents were born in American Samoa, can the missionary get a “Citizenship by Descent”? 

No, a parent must be from Western Samoa for the missionary to qualify for this visa.

If you do qualify for the Citizenship by Decent, the parent name must match exactly on their birth certificate and their child’s birth certificate. For instance, if the mother’s name on her BC is Elisapete and on the child’s BC it is Elizabeth, although the same name, there must be back up documentation to show the legal name change from Elisapete to Elizabeth.

If missionaries have lost their visa packet, can they get a new one emailed to them?

Yes. Missionaries should call 1-800-537-3537 and ask for the visa packet to be emailed to them.

Back Return to Australia | South Pacific  page.