Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

If missionaries lose their visa packet, can they get a new one?

Yes. Please call 1-800-537-3537 and ask for the visa packet to be emailed to the missionary.

Do passports really need to be valid for 6 months after the end of a mission?

Yes. If it is not, please renew the passport now.

Do missionaries send their actual passport to Missionary Travel?

No. Missionaries only need to provide a photocopy of their passport ID page.

Can missionaries use their passport for an international trip before they go on their mission?

Yes. Missionary Travel does not need the physical passport, so it may be used for travel.

Can missionaries write the medical letter themselves and have their doctor sign it?

No. The medical letter must be on the doctor’s official stationary and/or letterhead.  Also note, that the letter must exactly state “free of contagious disease”.

Can white-out be used on the visa application?

Yes. White-out is acceptable to make corrections on the visa application. However, missionaries should not cross out any information. If white-out is not available, you may write a note stating what changes need to be made and Missionary Travel will make the corrections for you once documents have been received.

When will missionaries receive a name tag?

Name tags will be given upon arrival at the MTC.

When will missionaries receive travel documents?

Travel documents will be sent to missionaries while they are in the Provo MTC. Documents will include travel instructions, emergency contact information and an itinerary.

Back Return to Australia | South Pacific  page.