Hong Kong

Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

What if missionaries don't have four certificates?

Ideally, Missionary Travel wants four certificates: a high school diploma, a seminary graduation certificate, a baptismal confirmation certificate, a priesthood ordination certificate, a Young Women recognition award certificate, an Eagle Scout certificate, and so on. Missionary Travel really would like four certificates, but if necessary they can make it work with two.

One certificate MUST be a baptismal confirmation certificate.

What if missionaries didn’t sign their full name on their visa application?

As long as they sign their first and last name, that will be fine.

What do missionaries need to fill out on their visa application? 

Section 1 (passport number, issue date, place of issue, and expiration date).

Sections 5 and 6 (all areas).

Missionaries must sign and date ALL the application pages (signature line is located at the bottom of every page).

How do I attach my photo to the application?

Please attach your photo to the application using only a paper clip. Do not glue, staple, or tape your photo. 

What should I do if there is a mistake on my printed application?

You are able to make any necessary corrections on your printed application using white-out tape (not liquid) and writing the correction with a pen.

Back Return to Asia page.