Frequently Asked Questions for U.S. and Canadian Residents

If a missionary is a student, what should he or she put in the “work place” box?

The missionary should write “N/A.”

What is the place of issue for the missionary's passport?

United States Department of State.

My signature does not match the name printed on my passport. Is that a problem?

If you did not sign your full name on the passport, all our visa documents must be signed the way you signed your passport.

Can I make corrections to my visa forms if the information already filled in is not correct?

You may use white out tape (not liquid) to make the needed changes. Do not scribble or cross things out.

How do I attach my photo to the application? 

Use a glue stick. Do not staple or tape photo to application. 

What if missionaries are planning an international trip before entering the missionary training center?

Missionaries can keep their passport for their trip and then once they return, mail their passport and visa documents to Missionary Travel. A missionary’s passport and visa application must be received by the Missionary Travel Office prior to their Missionary Training Center report date. 

Back Return to Asia page.