- Russel M. Nelson, "Senior Missionary Moments," Ensign or Liahona, Apr. 2016.
- Carole M. Stephens, "If Ye Have Desires to Serve God Ye Are Called to the Work," Church News, May 4, 2016.
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Charity Is the Core of the Gospel," address to Church-service missionaries, Salt Lake City, Utah, Dec. 2015.
- M. Russell Ballard, "Be Anxiously Engaged," Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2012.
- Henry B. Eyring, "The Choice to Be Grateful," Ensign or Liahona, Dec. 2011.
- Jeffrey R. Holland, "We Are All Enlisted," Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2011.
- Adrian Ochoa, "Ye Are the Light of the World," Ensign, Sept. 2012.
- Church-Service Missionary
- Messages from General Authorities
Messages from General Authorities
Full-time senior missionaries: Full-time senior missionaries live away from home and are temple worthy, called by the prophet, and set apart by their stake president. Missions typically last 6 to 23 months.
Church-service missionaries: Church-service missionaries live at home and serve eight to forty hours per week in a work-related assignment for a Church department. Missionaries serve for a 6 to 24 months and are temple worthy, called by their stake president, and set apart by their bishop.
Long-term volunteer: Long-term volunteers are not missionaries and are not called, set apart, or required to be a Church member. Volunteers typically serve fewer than eight hours per week for 6 to 24 months.