Making a Sabbath-Day Plan
When making a Sabbath-day plan as a family, consider the following questions:
- Do our actions set the Sabbath day apart as unique, different, and identifiable?
- Do we leave behind worldly pursuits and pleasures to focus on spiritual matters?
- Have we prepared for the Sabbath by completing some activities beforehand?
- Do we worship on the Sabbath day by attending all our meetings and worthily partaking of the sacrament?
- Are we magnifying our callings?
- Do we feel closer to God and Jesus Christ through our actions on the Sabbath?
- Are we strengthening family relationships on the Sabbath?
- Are we lifting and serving others as part of our Sabbath-day observance?
- Do our Sabbath-day activities rejuvenate us spiritually to meet the demands of the week?
As you discuss these questions as a family, create a plan to improve your Sabbath-day observance. While your Sabbath-day plan can be as unique as your family, here is one plan to consider.
No matter how your plan looks, commit today to honor the Lord’s commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy.