- “President Nelson, thank you for the challenge of reading the Book of Mormon. I started the next morning. Little did I know that later that week I would be diagnosed with cancer. I have loved my time with those wonderful prophets and their teachings. Every morning I have found something to help me through one more day of my battle with this disease.” —Connie
- “I’ve learned that the Book of Mormon has a lot of goodness in it. I know that sounds simple, but I’ve had several friends leave the Church over the last few years and it’s left me with a lot of questions. Reading the Book of Mormon with a focus on Christ helped me see how focused on Christ it really is and helped me see the goodness in the book. I appreciate the challenge to read it.” —Michelle
- “When you first issued the invitation to read the Book of Mormon, I thought, this is impossible. I have five children, I work, the list of excuses went on and on. But then I thought, if the prophet is asking me to do this, then I can do it. I started with the 10-day social media fast challenge. As soon as I started, I realized that I had more time than I thought. Each time I went to click on a social media app, I would click on the scriptures and read instead. As I did my best to do these challenges, it has truly blessed my life and I’ve felt closer to my Savior and more patience for my children. I’ll be finishing the Book of Mormon today!” —Alyssa
- “I learned that social media is a fun place to be but not where to go to find peace and happiness. The scriptures can and will be that beacon for me!” —Angel
- “My husband and I have struggled with infertility since we were married 6 years ago. We had a miscarriage a little over a year ago and it was reading the scriptures that kept me strong as I felt the Lord directing our lives and giving us comfort and strength and guidance during such a hard trial. I hold on to those personal whisperings of the Spirit ever so close to my heart.
“With this challenge I went to God in faith asking for the greatest desire of my heart, to be a mother, knowing that in the end, I trusted His timing and will for us no matter what. But I also very strongly believed and felt that I needed to ask in faith, not wavering but being believing. I felt as though all I could offer and give to Him would fall short, but nevertheless my heart was all in. I trusted and truly believed that the Lord would answer my prayers if I tried my best, even if I’ll always fall short.
“Heavenly Father answered the longings of my heart, and on December 17 we found out we are pregnant. I believe in the power of faith and following the guidance of our prophet, that miracles do happen through the power of our faith and love in Jesus Christ.” —Diana
- “My 9-year-old daughter and I read the Book of Mormon together. It was a struggle since her reading ability caused us to move at a painfully slow rate. Her 7-year-old sister decided to join in, making the process even slower as we took turns reading. After weeks of reading, they both improved and things began to go smoother. I mentioned to my girls that their reading had improved dramatically. My oldest quickly pointed out that it was a blessing from following the prophet and reading the Book of Mormon.
“We finished reading a few days before Christmas. The biggest blessing though is seeing my oldest read the Book of Mormon independently now every morning since we finished reading it together. I know it’s the small and simple things that will build her faith.” —Carrie
I wish to thank you all for responding to my invitations. Your experiences with these challenges have been varied but meaningful. As we shift to a more home-centered, Church-supported curriculum, please remember that we need you. You are a key to the success of this new, balanced, and coordinated gospel-teaching effort.